8.4.09

Oh to be showered with gifts!

My friend (and maid of honour) Janna's bridal shower is this Friday! I have never been to a bridal shower but I do know what they are for: GIFTS! Traditionally they were all about outfitting a bride with domestic necessities (pot holders anyone?) and later evolved into an excuse to *literally* outfit the bride-to-be in anything slinky and kinky.
I asked Janna what would be embarrassing to open in front of her soon-to-be mother in law (and her own mother) and the only resounding answer was sex toys of any kind. Since that is easily the most personal item one could buy, I would never venture to presume what would be adequate anyway.
I am happy to say, though, that her non-silicone, no-batteries-required gift is wrapped, the card is written and it is waiting for Friday afternoon's High Tea.
How exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment