13.3.09

... and something blue

In case your right hand is jealous, just bedazzle it with one of these suckers from Birks:




from top:
heart shaped 3.5 carat aquamarine and diamond ring in 18K white gold
8mmx6mm oval cut blue topaz in 18K yellow gold
1.37 carat sapphire with a halo of micro pave diamonds set in 18k white gold


"Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue, and a sixpence in your shoe" is one of my favourite wedding traditions. I love the idea of being mindful of something old from your life before marriage, welcoming the new, borrowing the luck from a happily married woman you love, and carrying something blue (to remind yourself of being virtuous. ha! we all know what THAT one means!)
And a sixpence in your shoe: excellent if you need to stop and make a call in a Dickensian phone booth? But seriously, a symbol of monetary fortune is not a bad thing to start out your marriage with.

2 comments:

  1. I did the something old and new and all that jazz..., but the best part of it all was the old. In the boostier of my dress, I carried close to my heart my dad's handkerchief. He used it on his wedding day and my mom gave it to me. Since I couldn't have my dad on my wedding day, I at least had that little token.
    I figured they had a wonderful marriage together, so me having it could only help me in the future. By the way, this is Sara Stevens :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOl@ by the way ... i knew it was you!
    That is a wonderful story. It's so lucky that there was something so perfect for you to have that day that kept your dad close to your heart.

    ReplyDelete