20.3.09

Registered and ready to go

We finished our wedding registry today and let me tell you, it was WORK!
Sure, it's fun, but in order to put together a well thought out registry, you have to be considerate. Now, I know the concept of a registry seems selfish, and in truth, I was hesitant to do one. I'm the sort of person who feels like a real cad for making a Christmas or birthday wish list, let alone running madly through the aisles of my favourite department store zapping all the luxurious items I'd never buy myself. But then I thought about it. I have been a guest at weddings where the couple registered and I appreciated it. I was grateful for the guidance, and buying online is convenient and easy. And really, I don't even care what it looks like or feels like, because they have already selected it, and who am I to judge? I just want them to have something they will love and treasure. Likewise, being aware that weddings are a gift giving occasion and that most people will want to gift us with something, why not let them know what would be most appreciated? (and what would be most our style)Besides, anything that doesn't get selected off the registry is 10% off for us ... presents and a sale? Um, yeah. That's okay in my books.

1 comment:

  1. Registering was fun for me :) And I too did feel guilty, but I also made sure that I had a good range of items on the registry, so that not everything was ridiculously expensive. Actually, come to think of it, my most extravagant item was a kitchenaid stand mixer, and I just registered for that for fun, I didn't think anyone would get for me. But low and behold, at my wedding shower, there it was, from my mom :P

    ReplyDelete