12.3.09

Red Shoes


via the southern weddings daily blog

Much like in my earlier post on bouquets, I have to admit that I was originally gung-ho about wearing coloured shoes under my ivory dress, particularly red ones.
There is something about red shoes that imbibes the wearer with whimsy, sass and sex appeal, all three are great things to be, so why not on your wedding day?
But the more I pondered on it, and the more images of red shoes I downloaded and collected as inspiration, the more I began to realize that it wasn't quite right for me. As much as I liked the idea and the photos I have seen of pairs upon pairs of cute red shoes poking out from under the meringue-like skirts of wedding gowns, I decided that for me, something more understated felt more authentic.
This came after a lengthy thread on Facebook with my bridesmaids in which I explained that ONLY I should be wearing red shoes and requesting that they not wear red shoes to go with their black dresses.
Bridezilla much? Yeah. Terrible.

All is well that ends well, though. They will be stunning in black knee length dresses to show off their cute red shoes and I will get the dose of no-shock tradition that I never knew I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment