1.3.09

More on cake...

Thankfully the days of fruitcake as wedding cake are almost over! When it comes to the deep mahogany coloured, booze spiked, peel and nut studded fruitcake, I have one slice per year, and only at Christmas. Truth be told I don't usually finish it, I just pick the marzipan off.
So when looking at images of cakes and thinking of flavours, Rob (that's the fella I'm marrying)and I went as far from that age-old confection as we could.

The short list was:
Lemon poppy seed with strawberry filling
Coconut with passion fruit filling and vanilla butter cream
Pistachio with mocha filling and vanilla-bean butter cream
Red Velvet with Cream cheese frosting

The winner is ... coconut with passion fruit filling and vanilla butter cream!
Much like this beauty from Martha Stewart, only smaller ...

No comments:

Post a Comment